Saturday, September 18, 2010

Adding Some Fall Feelings Around Here!


I've had this red thing forever....

It's held remotes, plants, junk and dust for about 2 years on my bar. While shopping at the Dollar Tree for snacks today, I decided to add some fall flowers to it! I did however, drag the kids to Walmart too and the flowers ended up coming from there (with LOTS of whining...)

I started by crumpling up old newspaper to fill the pot. Yeah me for "recycling"!!! NOT! I'm just cheap and didn't want to spend another $1 on foam...

Then I decided on how tall I wanted the flowers to be out of the pot. I wanted it to look more like a large rose bowl (also keeping the whining down when someone says they can't see the tv from the kitchen table...) and using wire clippers, I clipped all the stems off the main stem.

HINT: trim them all off even and then the shape of the bush will still be the same. Some taller ones in the middle and shorter around the sides.

Then I poked all the stems into the newspaper and made sure none of it showed by spacing out the leaves to cover it up.

And WHA-LA!!! $3 fall bush, old pot and recycled newspaper makes a great arrangement!!!Pumpkins, glass jar and brown plate all came from a garage sale yesterday! $30 Partylight plate for $2 and Partylight glass thingy for $.50!!! Also BOTH pumpkins for $.50!!! Great find!!!

1 comment: