Sunday, September 12, 2010

Out with the old...

And in with the new!

I just spent an hour re-reading all of my previous posts I had on this blog and I can't believe how far we've come since April! We have gone from owning our own business again (after hubby having a regular salary for a year) to him working commission, to unemployed to both of us having steady jobs with great benefits! Although things have changed alot from a year ago, I would definitely say we are in a better place now!

After reading all that I posted here in private (I never shared the link), I decided that although I like keeping memories, these were some I could live without. I deleted all previous posts from the last 5 months even though most of them were on a positive note because I don't want this blog to become the place I come to unload my worries. I want to have a blog that OTHER people enjoy coming to and enjoy reading and that can be a place I can come and share things I get excited about!

I named my blog "the ordinary housewife" because that's so NOT what I am! We used to joke that we were "so normal" but after looking closer, we are so not normal! Normal these days means a single parent struggling to do it all or in a stressful marriage. Normal is being stressed and negative. Normal is so far from where we are, it's not even funny! Hubby and I have just celebrated our 16th anniversary and I can honestly say that I could not imagine life without him by my side. He is my best friend in every way. He is the love of my life and the best dad that I've ever seen! I can't wait every day for him to get home from work to share what's gone on while he's been gone and he can't wait to tell me all the things he's experienced while away. Most people we know complain about their wife/husband and during those gripe sessions, neither one of us ever have anything to add in. We talk about that alot and how other people will say negative things about their spouse and how we realize everyday how lucky we are to have each other!

About 6 months ago, I discovered the "law of attraction" and have been researching it ever since. Basically you visualize and ask for what you want and the universe (or God or whatever you want to call it) will give it to you. Without getting into it too deeply, everyday I write in a journal the things I want and what I am grateful for. Another thing you do is to write your "new story" about how you want your life to be as if it is already like that. This really made it clear to me that I really "want for nothing"! There's only a couple of things I want but other than that, my life is perfect to me! SO NOT NORMAL!

So what am I gonna write about on a blog? Well, I don't really know yet! One day it might be decorating on a budget and the next may be some new recipe I decided to try (I don't cook, but sometimes I think I "should" LOL) and then the next may be something my kiddos did at school. Who knows, but I want it to be interesting!

With that, welcome to my "ordinary" life! I hope it's as fun for you as it is for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment