Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Beginnings...

Wow, once again, I haven't blogged since Dec. I can't believe how busy we've been for the last couple of months. Hubby's been going to the Police Academy during the day and working full time at night, so I've been doing it ALL lately. BUT, it hasn't been bad and he will graduate at the end of this month! I am so proud of him!

So...with so much going on (me, hubby, kids...yada yada yada), I feel like my head's going to burst at any moment. I did sit down last weekend and organize my new planner, so I kinda feel like I have it together, but there's still part of me that feels like I'm going to drop the ball somewhere.

I've used a planner before (and tried many different types), but when it gets to be the middle of the summer and we have nothing going on, I end up tossing it aside and not planning like I need to. I have tried many types, but the one that I have found that works the best is having the full month on one page (this is where I write down things that will happen on specific days) and then have a weekly planner behind it. Each day is a square that is big enough to list all the things I need to do that day or a small list for a store or whatever. Then, if there's something that I don't get done, it will roll over to the next day. I'm a huge list maker and to cross stuff off make me do the happy dance!!! I also have several list pages in the back for on going lists.

I have been scouring blogs for organizing tips and trick lately. I love seeing how other people organize things and themselves! I found this article about organizing your mind and this is totally something I NEED to do right now!
http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-organize-your-mind.html

Ok, enough for tonight...but...I will be posting more regularly I hope! I will be creating a "blogging schedule" for myself and over the summer I am hoping to get many more readers and to really make this something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment